ASTRAZENECA and PFIZER vaccines are now available at Quality Health Medical Centre. We are delivering COVID vaccines in accordance with the National COVID-19 vaccination rollout eligibility criteria.
- For AstraZeneca vaccines, we are administering to all adults 18 years and over. Please call our practice on (02) 9646 2828 if you would like to make a booking.
- For Pfizer vaccines, all individuals 12 years and over (including 60 and over) are now eligible! (Updated 29/09/2021)
- Please see below on how to book a Pfizer vaccine.
- We are only routinely offering (both AstraZeneca and Pfizer) COVID vaccinations to patients who are eligible for Medicare. If you are not eligible for Medicare, you can obtain your COVID vaccination through NSW Government or Commonwealth-run vaccine hubs and clinics, or pharmacies. Please click here for more information.
BOOKING a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine:
- If you wish to book a Pfizer vaccine, the PREFERRED OPTION is through the online booking system supplied by HealthEngine – this is the quickest way to confirm an appointment! (This now works, as of 28/09/2021)
- When clicking through to our practice’s HealthEngine portal HERE, FIRST click/tap on the drop-down menu at the top that says “All practitioners”, and select “Pfizer COVID Vaccine ONLY (select “Hako-Med”)”.
- From here, you will see which appointment times are available – tap on the time you wish, and proceed to book an appointment. The appointment type to choose will be “Hako-Med” (be rest assured*, this will book a Pfizer appointment for you! And please ignore the yellow prompt saying we do not offer COVID-19 vaccine appointments – this is incorrect.)
- (If you clicked/tapped on an appointment time before selecting the specific doctor/practitioner, please note that only “Hako-Med” appointments will actually be Pfizer COVID vaccine appointments.)
- *HealthEngine does not allow us to temporarily set up custom appointment type names. Given Pfizer appointments are likely only going to be a short-term service offered by our practice, we have therefore used the “Hako-Med” appointment type to substitute as indicating a Pfizer appointment. Sorry, we know it’s strange and confusing, but this seems to be the most suitable short-term solution. If you have any questions, please email us at QHMC.email@example.com and we’ll aim to respond within 24 business hours.
- If you are having trouble with HealthEngine, please choose one of the following options:
- Send an email to this address:
with these details:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone number
- Medicare card number AND individual line number
- Whether you’ve attended our practice as a patient before or not
- Whether this is your first or second dose (and if second dose, what was the date of your first dose?)
- Preferred time of week to be vaccinated (please nominate 2 or more options) from the following sessions:
- Monday 2pm-5pm
- Tuesday 9:30am-12:30pm
- Wednesday 9:30am-12:30pm
- Thursday 3pm-5pm
- Saturday 10am-12pm
- We will reply to your email within 24 business hours with the earliest available appointment time.
- Alternatively, you can call our practice on (02) 9646 2828 and speak to our receptionist. If calling in, we apologise in advance for the potentially long waiting time, as our phone lines are experiencing a higher call volume than usual.
- Send an email to this address:
- If you are provided with an appointment for Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination, please keep the following things in mind:
- As of Monday 27th September 2021, we will NO LONGER request patients to provide a negative COVID test result before their vaccination. We will be increasing other measures to ensure the safety of all staff and patients. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
- Please DO NOT ATTEND your appointment if you are unwell on the day – if this occurs, please inform us and seek the appropriate medical care (either via telehealth or attending hospital if necessary). Please be assured that we will have backup appointments available for this situation, and you will be provided with one within 1 week of your original date.
- Please ONLY BRING YOURSELF (and one parent/carer as appropriate) to the appointment. All patients who present WITHOUT an appointment (including family members, friends, etc.) will not be able to receive a vaccine, as we have strict limits in our supplies and preparation requirements.